ATS allows fully automated picking of dispatch units consisting of totes that have already been filled with goods in the company’s own production department or by the supplier. In the ATS, these dispatch units are received, buffered, picked, stacked on a dispatch unit according to customer or store requirements, and made available for delivery, all without the need for personnel or ID recording. In addition, ATS sets completely new standards in the field of ergonomics by completely eliminating the need for strenuous lifting and carrying of heavy totes and crates.
- No need for personnel in the entire material flow process
- Automated depalletizing of tote and case stacks
- Automatic separation of totes and cases
- Totes are buffered in an automated small parts warehouse, similar to a tray AS/RS
- Store-friendly picking of the individual totes/cases by means of stacker cranes to create a customer order