Based on an intelligent stacking algorithm, the cases are provided either on storage pallets or OPM trays system-controlled via a conveyor system at the GTP workstation. Order-related requirements, such as consolidation by product group, can thus be met more easily.
- Picking errors are largely eliminated by using the latest visualization tools and by sequencing the provision of storage and dispatch units. The system specifies the picks to be made in the correct sequence.
- Depending on the GTP type, the walking distances for employees at the GTP workstation are eliminated completely or reduced to a minimum. The same applies to unergonomic lifting and carrying.
- If cases are provided on trays in temperature-controlled areas (fresh / frozen), the GTP workstation can even be situated in a warmer working environment, as the cold chain is not interrupted due to the short provision time.
- The CO2 footprint is improved because a wide range of product parameters (size, weight, handling, stability) can be combined when building a customer pallet / roll container, which also significantly reduces the number of load carriers that are not optimally filled during transportation.
- Furthermore, the solution ensures space savings in the warehouse, since products outside the “standard parameters” that cannot be processed automatically, do not have to be permanently staged in separate pick aisles or logistics areas, but remain in the high bay warehouse / tray warehouse until they are needed.
- Time-consuming forklift runs with long driving distances but relatively few pick processes are eliminated.